Carpenter & Journeyman Construction Worker - Victoria, BC
Campbell Construction is an equal opportunity employer but committed team players, self-starters and problem solvers as well. Are you a dedicated journeyman with a strong work ethic and an ability to work well with others? CCL offers competitive wages, 8% vacation pay, pension and employee health benefits.
Complete your resume to application and membership profile below and drop it off at our head office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the UBC application form here - BC Carpenters union at 210-2750 Quadra Street Victoria, BC V8T 4E8
- Construct, erect, install and strip wood and engineered formwork systems for columns, walls, suspended slabs, slab on grade and concrete stairs
- Erect and build scaffolding for access and concrete formwork decks
- Install anchor bolts and embedded steel for concrete pours
- Frame and finish exterior walls, roofs, interior walls, build stairs, decks, etc
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring, erect walls and roof systems
- General labour duties and cleanup as required
- May work with or near chemicals, cranes and moving equipment
- Valid Carpenters certificate considered an asset, but not required if enrolled in the carpentry program.
- Have relevant experience in heavy commercial and/or civil concrete construction
- Have a minimum of 1-5 years' experience working with concrete formwork including loose form and engineered formwork systems
- Be in good health and physically fit
- Working knowledge of the BC Building Code and able to read blueprints
- Effective oral communication skills
Skills and Attributes
- Able to work at heights and balance on platforms, scaffolds and decks
- Able to work alone, or as part of a team
- Display good verbal and written communication skills when working with other employees
- Knowledge in trade related math and basic survey layout
- Hardworking and able to readily accept and apply direction from a supervisor
- Hand and finger dexterity for reaching, handling and feeling while working
- Sites located in the Greater Victoria Area and around Vancouver Island
- Working outside - exposure to the elements
- Wages and fringes are at Union rates and also include medical/dental benefits and Pension contributions.
- Act with respect, integrity, honesty at all times. Present yourself in such a way as to provide a professional image of yourself and the company at all times.
- Report to work on time and work in an efficient and safe manner, protecting not only yourself but other people and property around you.