Concrete Finishers - Victoria, BC
Campbell Construction is an equal opportunity employer but committed team players, self-starters and problem solvers as well. Are you a dedicated journeyman with a strong work ethic and an ability to work well with others? CCL offers competitive wages, 8% vacation pay, pension and employee health benefits.
Complete your resume to application and membership profile below and drop it off at our head office or email email@example.com.
- Direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
- Place concrete in vertical formwork such as walls and columns
- Fill hollows and remove high spots to smooth freshly poured concrete for concrete flatwork
- Operate power vibrator to consolidate concrete
- Level top surface of concrete according to grade and depth specifications using straight edge or float
- Waterproof, damp-proof and restore concrete surfaces
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damage sections of floors, walls and concrete structures.
- At least 3 years previous commercial concrete flatwork finishing experience
- Experience vibrating concrete for vertical placement applications
- Able to operate a concrete power finish trowel, both hand and ride-on models
- Able to work varied hours, afternoons, evenings and early mornings as required
- Be in good health and physically fit
- Effective oral communication skills
Skills and Attributes
- Able to work at heights and balance on platforms, scaffolds and decks
- Able to work alone, or as part of a team
- Display good verbal and written communication skills when working with other employees
- Knowledge in trade related math, volumes and areas
- Hardworking and able to readily accept and apply direction from a supervisor
- Hand and finger dexterity for reaching, handling and feeling while working
- Sites located in the Greater Victoria Area and around Vancouver Island
- Working outside - exposure to the elements
- Wages and fringes are at Union rates and also include medical/dental benefits and Pension contributions.
- Act with respect, integrity, honesty at all times. Present yourself in such a way as to provide a professional image of yourself and the company at all times.
- Report to work on time and work in an efficient and safe manner, protecting not only yourself but other people and property around you.