Superintendents & Foreman - Victoria, BC
Campbell Construction is an equal opportunity employer but committed team players, self-starters and problem solvers as well. Are you a dedicated journeyman with a strong work ethic and an ability to work well with others? CCL offers competitive wages, vacation pay, pension and employee health benefits.
Complete your resume to application and membership profile below and drop it off at our head office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Picture the Possibilities
You come into work every day knowing that you are a key leader in building new and exciting projects. It’s a lot of pressure sometimes, but you enjoy working in the field and ensuring the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Your co-workers look to you for answers, and your manager gives you the freedom to excel. When you walk down the street, you look at major projects and think “I know how that came together”.
- Provide overall construction management, including design, budget and schedule, in conjunction with the Project Manager, Owners, Engineers and Architects to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget on large complex projects
- Lead project meetings with internal and external parties to monitor and support the team’s ongoing progression
- Mentor project team members to ensure career growth and development
- Assure construction compliance with design requirements and project construction schedule by supervising and coordinating site trades, other site management, field engineering and construction activities
- Create a safe work environment on the jobsite and adhere to the safety and record keeping requirements
- Advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences and schedule difficulties while assisting in resolving conflicts
- Interprets design drawings and specifications
- Supervises field verification of materials
- Assists with the design of temporary construction facilities as required
- Prepares and maintains construction schedule and is able to push own forces work and subtrades
- Maintain an organized job site, including the construction office
- History of large scale commercial projects with a proven track record of successful outcomes
- You have a construction related diploma or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience working on site as part of large scale developments and commercial concrete formwork
- You have an advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, quality control and engineering drawings
- You have the ability to quickly identify problem situations, evaluate alternative causes, produce workable solutions and lead a large team to successful completion
- Be in good health and physically fit
- Working knowledge of the BC Building Code and able to read blueprints
- Effective oral communication skills
Skills and Attributes
- Self-starter with demonstrated leadership abilities
- Up-to-date with latest approach and technologies around concrete placement (including conveyors)
- 5+ yrs experience leading concrete formwork, slab on grade, subcontractors, preparing site drawings
- Knowledge in trade related math and basic survey layout
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization/time management skills
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Sites located in the Greater Victoria Area and around Vancouver Island
- Working outside - exposure to the elements
- Wages and fringes are at Union rates and also include medical/dental benefits and Pension contributions.
- Act with respect, integrity, honesty at all times. Present yourself in such a way as to provide a professional image of yourself and the company at all times.
- Report to work on time and work in an efficient and safe manner, protecting not only yourself but other people and property around you.
*This position is open for local residents of the Greater Victoria Area or those willing to relocate only. No LOA, accommodations or travel are provided for this position.