Construction Project Manager - Victoria BCAbout the Company
Campbell Construction Ltd. is over 50 years old and the largest general contractor on the Island. We are a union company and have over 300 employees and specialize in concrete formwork, placing and finishing, wood framing and have our own millwork shop. At Campbell Construction we’re constantly pushing the limits - propelling ourselves toward bigger and better opportunities, while exploring new market sectors and services. So it only seems natural that we'd hire people who have their own voice and aren't afraid to use it. They follow a path of continuous learning with an innovative spirit that leads them to be recognized as leaders in the industry. We hire these types of people knowing they are as diverse as we are, and they come on board because they share our core values. Then we simply give them the freedom to take their career (and Campbell Construction) further.Picture the Possibilities
You come into work every day knowing that you are a key leader in building new and exciting projects throughout Victoria. It’s a lot of pressure sometimes, but you enjoy being challenged and leading the team to successful project completion. Your co-workers look to you for answers and as a manager you have the freedom to excel. When you walk down the street, you look at major projects and think “I know how that came together”.Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required and P.Eng is preferred.
- 3+ years construction experience as a project manager
- Worked on construction building projects of $5M+
- Bluebeam software knowledge, Gmail, and Google Docs, Viewpoint or other construction software
- Candidate must live in British Columbia and have a valid BC drivers license
- Project assignment will be based on prior work experience and could range anywhere from $2M to $250M.
- Work alongside the Sr Project Manager to develop a detailed project plan including defining project tasks, resource allocation, goals, deliverables, as well as tendering projects and RFPs.
- Ensure that projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule
- Work collaboratively with customers and partners to lead the construction of our projects.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect the company’s interests and maintain good relationships with client
- Coach/mentor, provide direction, and review the performance of personnel reporting directly to you
- Change management - Handle all change orders, including negotiating, processing, delay claims, issues with subcontracts and major purchase orders schedule impacts.
- Billing - Prepare/verify and monitor progress billings to owner and from subcontractors.
- Scheduling - Report on project progress, identify problems and solutions, and escalate to management as needed. Track project deliverables and manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Negotiations - Terms of agreements with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Documentation - Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, enforce contractual responsibilities, contract documents and resolve disputes.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory, environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Involved in all facets of project closeout.
Please email email@example.com to the attention of the "Corporate Controller". All applications will be held in strict confidence and application must include University Transcripts.