By 1974, W. Campbell Ltd. had completed hundreds of projects throughout the Greater Victoria area and as far up as Courtenay on Vancouver Island. Spectrum Community School was awarded to Campbell Construction in September 1974 - our largest project at the time ($4,196,931). In today's market this would be a 30 million dollar project.
Bill Campbell retires in 1976 and under our new president, Ken Farey; partners Archie Campbell and Basil Wells; W. Campbell Ltd. was renamed Campbell Construction Ltd.
Articles of Interest:
- Times Colonist Newspaper Feature Article - Celebrating 50 Years
- Canada Digital ONLINE
- Sayward Hill Newsletter - Spring 2007
- CONCERT 2005 - Profile Campbell Construction
- Journal of Commerce 1996
- Heavy Construction News 1993
- Business Examiner 1991: Spotlight Section
- W. Campbell Ltd. first project (June 1964): a Cottage at Shawnigan Lake
- Invoice for first Company truck, purchased by Ken Farey in 1964
- 1964 Newspaper clipping of W. Campbell Ltd. (start of Company)